Search This Blog

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Yesterday was a day of learnings.

I learnt how people make money writing on the blogs (not that I have made any money!); writing, teaching and basically creating some content on the net...

'Net' seems like an appropriate word for what happens when one gets hooked onto the net. I know - myself onwards - a lot of people who seem to be spending more and more time on the net..

There are people who live on the net...play games, download content, create content...

Short of eating out of the net.

What is the price we pay for this? Everything has a price right?

What is the price I have paid for this? Lower time on TV; inability to sleep till about midnight; the urge to write down everything that I see or hear or observe; less and less time spent on reading books (normal books!); a bit of stooped posture since I sit hunched up in front ot the comp...there must be a lot more..

I promised I would talk about 'Ponniyin Selvan' . Kalki's masterpiece, it is not only a historic novel but also a novel which I enjoy whenever I read. The characters are etched in Gold.

Vandiyathevan riding on the horse on the banks of cauvery; Azvarkadiyan bailing out Vandiyathevan out of difficulty every time; the characterization and the puzzle that was Nandini...great story and fantastic characters. The language! If tamil was english, probably Ponniyin selval might have got the nobel prize!

SendanAmudan is a character. The calm quite person who is in love with Poonguzhali, who collects flowers who is actually the heir to the throne...

I was amazed to see that name being used in that poem I talked about yesterday in the blog.

Here is a small poem that I wrote this morning - I think I got it in my sleep :

" I wish I know..
That
I know
I ...."

The poem that I read yesterday is still haunting me...!! That much is clear!

Looking at the world outside, I see interesting developments. One woman (Hillary Clinton) loses the race to a man (Obama) in the presidential election in the US. Another man appoints a woman as the deputy. Both hog the limelite and both are talked positively by the press.

One woman stalls the Tatas in Singur.

One woman seems to be holding together the Cogress party.

One woman who was so much in the news when AIADMK was in power seems to have disappeared into wilderness..

0 comments: